Meet Comment: Boys SMAA Expo week #2 meet 3 2009
01/11/2009 1:50:49 PM
User
As an out-of-town visitor to the track meets on Saturday, January 3, and Saturday January 10, 2009, and the fervent competition between Deering, Scarborough, and BE, I feel compelled to comment on the excellence of the competitors in general in these events, and one in particular, Renaldo Lowry of Deering. On January 3, I was privileged to watch this 15-year-old runner break the 49-year-old record for the 40 yards. What a feat. A remarkable accomplishment for such a young athlete. I thought nothing could improve on that. Then here I was, drawn to the meet on January 10 to see more of this athlete. To my delight, he outdid himself, in my opinion. Picking up the baton on the last leg, with the BE relay runner enjoying a sizeable lead, he took off after him, raced neck and neck at the corner, then pulled ahead to win for Deering. The 40-yard achievement is in the records now, for all time, but this fleeting moment of glory for his team put Renaldo Lowry solidly in my sights as a contender to be reckoned with in the future. With athletes of the caliber that Deering fielded at these 2 meets, and Renaldo Lowry especially, I don't anticipate that Deering will lose its winning streak any time soon,. Go Rams - and Renaldo. I should like to see my impressions posted, as well as those of others who witnessed these inspiring moments. Audrey E, Parker, Prescott Valley, Arizona -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
As an out-of-town visitor to the track meets on Saturday, January 3, and Saturday January 10, 2009, and the fervent competition between Deering, Scarborough, and BE, I feel compelled to comment on the excellence of the competitors in general in these events, and one in particular, Renaldo Lowry of Deering. On January 3, I was privileged to watch this 15-year-old runner break the 49-year-old record for the 40 yards. What a feat. A remarkable accomplishment for such a young athlete. I thought nothing could improve on that. Then here I was, drawn to the meet on January 10 to see more of this athlete. To my delight, he outdid himself, in my opinion. Picking up the baton on the last leg, with the BE relay runner enjoying a sizeable lead, he took off after him, raced neck and neck at the corner, then pulled ahead to win for Deering. The 40-yard
achievement is in the records now, for all time, but this fleeting moment of glory for his team put Renaldo Lowry solidly in my sights as a contender to be reckoned with in the future. With athletes of the caliber that Deering fielded at these 2 meets, and Renaldo Lowry especially, I don't anticipate that Deering will lose its winning streak any time soon,. Go Rams - and Renaldo.

I should like to see my impressions posted, as well as those of others who witnessed these inspiring moments.

Audrey E, Parker, Prescott Valley, Arizona

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.